- Pirates’ Three-game Win Streak EndsPosted 12 days ago
- Steelers Draft WR Markus Wheaton in 3rd RoundPosted 28 days ago
- Steelers Select RB Le’Veon Bell in 2ndPosted 28 days ago
- Jarvis Jones Time in PittsburghPosted 30 days ago
- James Harrison Meets with BengalsPosted 44 days ago
- Steelers Sanders Signed to Offer Sheet by the PatriotsPosted 45 days ago
- Alameda Ta’amu Gets ProbationPosted 51 days ago
- Steelers Announce Preseason SchedulePosted 51 days ago
- Steelers Bring Back Stevenson SylvesterPosted 52 days ago
- Pittsburgh Penguins’ Win Streak SnappedPosted 52 days ago
Baron Batch & Marshall McFadden cut to open spots for Plaxico Burress, Brian Hoyer
- Updated: November 20, 2012
The decision to cut Batch and McFadden came as a result of the free agent signings of wide receiver Plaxico Burress and quarterback Brian Hoyer. The team need to create roster space in order to make the additions.
Batch was chosen by the Steelers with the No. 232 overall selection in the 2011 NFL Draft. A product of Texas Tech, Batch appeared in 10 games with the Steelers in 2012, registering 49 yards on 25 rushing attempts in addition to recording four receptions for 31 yards.
McFadden was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Steelers and acted as a member of the team’s practice squad. On Nov. 15 he was promoted to the active roster after Chris Carter was placed on injured reserve and recorded one tackle in his lone appearance with the team.