- Pittsburgh Police Make Second Arrest in Mike Adams StabbingPosted 15 days ago
- Pirates’ Three-game Win Streak EndsPosted 36 days ago
- Steelers Draft WR Markus Wheaton in 3rd RoundPosted 53 days ago
- Steelers Select RB Le’Veon Bell in 2ndPosted 53 days ago
- Jarvis Jones Time in PittsburghPosted 55 days ago
- James Harrison Meets with BengalsPosted 69 days ago
- Steelers Sanders Signed to Offer Sheet by the PatriotsPosted 70 days ago
- Alameda Ta’amu Gets ProbationPosted 76 days ago
- Steelers Announce Preseason SchedulePosted 76 days ago
- Steelers Bring Back Stevenson SylvesterPosted 76 days ago
Coach Speak with Mike Tomlin: Wk 6 Titans
- Updated: October 10, 2012
Pittsburgh Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin held a Monday press conference to discuss the win Sunday against the Philadelphia Eagles and preview the upcoming game this Thursday against the Tennessee Titans.
Tomlin said the win over the Eagles was no work of art by any stretch, but that he liked that the guys did what was necessary in all three phases to secure the victory in the midst of a sub par performance in some instances.
Tomlin says obviously the team was highly penalized and that in-game penalties are one thing and that those are usually ironed out with emphasis on technique. In some instances guys are working hard and not smart, according to the head coach. He added that those things usually work themselves out as they work through the first quarter of the season. Tomlin added that the pre snap penalties need to disappear yesterday. They can’t tolerate that and Tomlin said that it is his job to get it fixed and that will be worked on this week.
Tomlin liked the play of the offensive line on Sunday and noted that Ben Roethlisberger was not sacked in the game. He added that it was a positive having Rashard Mendenhall back as well.
The coach said that the team converted some critical third downs in the game with two coming on the final drive.
Listen here as Mike Tomlin held his weekly press conference on Monday where he looked back at the victory against the Eagles and spoke about the upcoming game against the Titans.
Latest posts by steelerguy26 (see all)
- How to Know Your a Steelers Fan - June 19, 2013
- Pirates Sign First-round Pick Reese McGuire - June 18, 2013
- Pittsburgh Power Handed Worst Home Loss in Team History - June 17, 2013