- Pirates’ Three-game Win Streak EndsPosted 10 days ago
- Steelers Draft WR Markus Wheaton in 3rd RoundPosted 26 days ago
- Steelers Select RB Le’Veon Bell in 2ndPosted 26 days ago
- Jarvis Jones Time in PittsburghPosted 28 days ago
- James Harrison Meets with BengalsPosted 42 days ago
- Steelers Sanders Signed to Offer Sheet by the PatriotsPosted 43 days ago
- Alameda Ta’amu Gets ProbationPosted 49 days ago
- Steelers Announce Preseason SchedulePosted 49 days ago
- Steelers Bring Back Stevenson SylvesterPosted 50 days ago
- Pittsburgh Penguins’ Win Streak SnappedPosted 50 days ago
Coach Tomlin’s Post-Game Comments: Titans
- Updated: October 15, 2012
Opening Comments: A disappointing performance tonight, but that is obviously what we are right now. We take ownership of that. We are not doing enough to finish games in hostile environments. That’s just the reality of where we are right now. Hopefully it’s just right now. We didn’t do the job tonight, obviously. We defeated ourselves in some areas, the blocked kick and so forth. We’ll get back to work. That’s all we can do. Needless to say it’s disappointing though. We tip our caps to those guys.
They did the job tonight, we didn’t. Some injury news: (Maurkice) Pouncey has an MCL of some description that needs to be evaluated. Chris Carter has a hamstring. Marcus Gilbert has an ankle. (Rashard) Mendenhall has an Achilles of some kind. Isaac Redman has an ankle. Brandon Johnson has a hamstring.
With an injury list that long do you allow yourself leeway in explaining tonight’s game?
Re: Ryan Clark injury.
He was able to go back into the game. He had a hip pointer of some kind.
Was there any debate on the 54-yard field goal?
There was but he banged the other one before that pretty clean so I decided to give him a shot at it. I will take responsibility for the miss.
How do you evaluate Ben Roethlisberger’s performance tonight with the injuries to the offensive line?
We lost the game and that is the way we look at it. That’s the way we need to look at it. Individual performances aside we all could have done more to get out of the stadium. That’s just team football. It’s the ultimate team sport. We didn’t do the job tonight.
Was there any concern about using the timeout before the field goal attempt?
Not at all. It was a clock stoppage. Shaun (Suisham) is a mentally tough guy. I didn’t want the play clock to run down. We wanted to have a good, clean discussion about our options. He banged the previous one pretty good. We decided to give him a shot at it.
Do you look at the process after 0-3 on the road?
We need to look at everything, but I doubt that the process itself is an issue. We have to coach better, we have to play better. We have to finish better in these settings.