- Pirates’ Three-game Win Streak EndsPosted 7 days ago
- Steelers Draft WR Markus Wheaton in 3rd RoundPosted 24 days ago
- Steelers Select RB Le’Veon Bell in 2ndPosted 24 days ago
- Jarvis Jones Time in PittsburghPosted 26 days ago
- James Harrison Meets with BengalsPosted 40 days ago
- Steelers Sanders Signed to Offer Sheet by the PatriotsPosted 41 days ago
- Alameda Ta’amu Gets ProbationPosted 47 days ago
- Steelers Announce Preseason SchedulePosted 47 days ago
- Steelers Bring Back Stevenson SylvesterPosted 47 days ago
- Pittsburgh Penguins’ Win Streak SnappedPosted 48 days ago
James Harrison Tweets His Goodbye to the Steelers
- Updated: March 9, 2013
For days, it’s been clear the Steelers and James Harrison weren’t getting anywhere in talks about lowering his salary/cap hit.
So now the inevitable has apparently happened, with Harrison tweeting out his goodbye to Steelers fans.
Harrison played well when he got well last year, but approaching 35 years old and with a $6.57 million salary, the Steelers did what they have done so many times — they walked away from one of their own sooner rather than later.