- Pirates’ Three-game Win Streak EndsPosted 12 days ago
- Steelers Draft WR Markus Wheaton in 3rd RoundPosted 28 days ago
- Steelers Select RB Le’Veon Bell in 2ndPosted 28 days ago
- Jarvis Jones Time in PittsburghPosted 30 days ago
- James Harrison Meets with BengalsPosted 44 days ago
- Steelers Sanders Signed to Offer Sheet by the PatriotsPosted 46 days ago
- Alameda Ta’amu Gets ProbationPosted 51 days ago
- Steelers Announce Preseason SchedulePosted 51 days ago
- Steelers Bring Back Stevenson SylvesterPosted 52 days ago
- Pittsburgh Penguins’ Win Streak SnappedPosted 52 days ago
LaMarr Woodley tweets that he’s appearing on ‘South Park’ this season
- Updated: September 19, 2012
A week from Wednesday, South Park will kick off it’s 17th season. And it will feature a cameo from Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley. We know this because Woodley’s rep confirmed it to CBSSports.com.
We’ve seen plenty of NFL cameos on South Park before. Cartman was a Dangerous Minds-style teacher who helped high school kids cheat and repeatedly cited Bill Belichick. There was an Inception episode featuring Matt Hasselbeck. Jay Cutler and Tim Tebow have been referenced more than once.
Matt Stone and Trey Parker themselves are actually Broncos fans, so it shouldn’t be that shocking. But what’s the plot line? Well, the Steelers and Broncos played in the first week, in Denver, so perhaps Woodley’s just hanging out, helping the boys learn how to play defense.
Or maybe their arch-rival high school has left-handed kid who plays quarterback and can’t really throw but runs a read option and can’t really be stopped and the kids need help defending it, so they ring up Woodley. Honestly, this could almost go in any direction, up to and including Woodley not actually being on South Park in the first place. But given their history with NFL players, I wouldn’t bet against it.