- Pittsburgh Police Make Second Arrest in Mike Adams StabbingPosted 14 days ago
- Pirates’ Three-game Win Streak EndsPosted 36 days ago
- Steelers Draft WR Markus Wheaton in 3rd RoundPosted 53 days ago
- Steelers Select RB Le’Veon Bell in 2ndPosted 53 days ago
- Jarvis Jones Time in PittsburghPosted 54 days ago
- James Harrison Meets with BengalsPosted 68 days ago
- Steelers Sanders Signed to Offer Sheet by the PatriotsPosted 70 days ago
- Alameda Ta’amu Gets ProbationPosted 75 days ago
- Steelers Announce Preseason SchedulePosted 75 days ago
- Steelers Bring Back Stevenson SylvesterPosted 76 days ago
Leonard Pope Signs
- Updated: April 10, 2012
Steelers sign veteran TE Leonard Pope
The Pittsburgh Steelers have signed veteran tight end Leonard Pope to a one-year contract. Terms of the deal, announced Tuesday, were not released.
The 28-year-old Pope spent the previous three seasons with the Kansas City Chiefs, catching a career-high 24 passes for 247 yards and a touchdown in 2011.
Pope was originally drafted in the third round of the 2006 NFL Draft by the Arizona Cardinals. He played three seasons in Arizona, helping the Cardinals make the 2009 Super Bowl where they lost to Pittsburgh.
Pope will battle second-year player Weslye Saunders and veteran David Johnson for a spot behind starter Heath Miller.
Latest posts by steelerguy26 (see all)
- Pirates Sign First-round Pick Reese McGuire - June 18, 2013
- Pittsburgh Power Handed Worst Home Loss in Team History - June 17, 2013
- Steelers Laying the Foundation for the 2013 Season - June 14, 2013