- Pirates’ Three-game Win Streak EndsPosted 9 days ago
- Steelers Draft WR Markus Wheaton in 3rd RoundPosted 25 days ago
- Steelers Select RB Le’Veon Bell in 2ndPosted 25 days ago
- Jarvis Jones Time in PittsburghPosted 27 days ago
- James Harrison Meets with BengalsPosted 41 days ago
- Steelers Sanders Signed to Offer Sheet by the PatriotsPosted 42 days ago
- Alameda Ta’amu Gets ProbationPosted 48 days ago
- Steelers Announce Preseason SchedulePosted 48 days ago
- Steelers Bring Back Stevenson SylvesterPosted 49 days ago
- Pittsburgh Penguins’ Win Streak SnappedPosted 49 days ago
QB Bruce Gradkowski In, OG Willie Colon Out
- Updated: March 13, 2013
Steelers sign QB Bruce Gradkowski to contract
Bruce Gradkowski is coming home. The Pittsburgh Steelers and the free agent quarterback have agreed to a three-year deal that will likely make Gradkowski the primary backup behind starter Ben Roethlisberger. Gradkowski’s agent Rick Smith confirmed the deal through his twitter account Wednesday.
The 30-year-old Gradkowski is 6-14 in his career as a starter with Oakland, Cleveland and Tampa Bay. He spent the 2011-12 seasons with the Cincinnati Bengals, appearing in five games. The arrival of Gradkowski, a Pittsburgh native, means the Steelers will almost certainly not attempt to re-sign longtime backup quarterback Byron Leftwich. Pittsburgh also released oft-injured offensive lineman Willie Colon. The 29-year-old played in just 13 of a possible 48 games the last three years due to a variety of injuries.
Steelers release Willie Colon
After cutting James Harrison, the climate wasn’t good for overpriced veterans in Pittsburgh.
According to Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the Steelers have released offensive lineman Willie Colon.
This one has been coming for a while, and was no surprise. Colon was scheduled to make $5.5 million, and when the Steelers didn’t approach him about a restructure, it was clear they were ready to move on with younger linemen.
Latest posts by steelerguy26 (see all)
- Penguins Martin Continues to Block Senators’ Path - May 22, 2013
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers Facing Plenty of Questions - May 21, 2013
- Steelers Will be Breaking in Lots of New Parts this Week - May 21, 2013