- Pirates’ Three-game Win Streak EndsPosted 7 days ago
- Steelers Draft WR Markus Wheaton in 3rd RoundPosted 24 days ago
- Steelers Select RB Le’Veon Bell in 2ndPosted 24 days ago
- Jarvis Jones Time in PittsburghPosted 25 days ago
- James Harrison Meets with BengalsPosted 39 days ago
- Steelers Sanders Signed to Offer Sheet by the PatriotsPosted 41 days ago
- Alameda Ta’amu Gets ProbationPosted 46 days ago
- Steelers Announce Preseason SchedulePosted 46 days ago
- Steelers Bring Back Stevenson SylvesterPosted 47 days ago
- Pittsburgh Penguins’ Win Streak SnappedPosted 47 days ago
Foster signs RFA tender
- Updated: April 6, 2012
Guard Ramon Foster signed his restricted free-agent tender that ensures that he will return to the Steelers for another year.
Foster will earn $1.26 million and will become an unrestricted free agent next year unless he signs a long-term deal with the Steelers in the interim.
The undrafted free agent out of Tennessee was offered a low tender last month meaning that the Steelers would not have received any compensation if Foster signed with another team.
Foster did have strong interest from other organizations, but had no offers as of yet. He decided to sign with the Steelers now rather than wait until the April 20 deadline. The Steelers would’ve matched any offer Foster received.
Foster has been one of the most reliable lineman on the Steelers’ roster. He started 26 games in three years including 22 of the last 24. Foster has also started four postseason games including Super Bowl XLV.
Foster will head into training camp as the starting right guard, but could also play left guard or either tackle positions.
The Steelers are expected to retain their remaining five restricted free agents — Doug Legursky, Keenan Lewis, David Johnson, Ryan Mundy and Mike Wallace.