- Pirates’ Three-game Win Streak EndsPosted 8 days ago
- Steelers Draft WR Markus Wheaton in 3rd RoundPosted 25 days ago
- Steelers Select RB Le’Veon Bell in 2ndPosted 25 days ago
- Jarvis Jones Time in PittsburghPosted 27 days ago
- James Harrison Meets with BengalsPosted 41 days ago
- Steelers Sanders Signed to Offer Sheet by the PatriotsPosted 42 days ago
- Alameda Ta’amu Gets ProbationPosted 48 days ago
- Steelers Announce Preseason SchedulePosted 48 days ago
- Steelers Bring Back Stevenson SylvesterPosted 48 days ago
- Pittsburgh Penguins’ Win Streak SnappedPosted 49 days ago
Roethlisberger On Haley: ‘There’s No Trouble Between Us’
- Updated: May 23, 2012
Monday, many members of the team and coaching staff were at South Pointe golf club for the annual Cancer Caring Golf Tournament hosted by Hines Ward, Max Starks and Merrill Hoge.
Golf was on the agenda, but football on their minds as the OTAs will get the offense together for the first time with new offensive coordinator Todd Haley.
“People blew it way out of proportion,” Ben Roethlisberger said. “It’s something new, we’re getting to know each other … There’s no trouble between us at all.”
“Some games it might be 60-40 pass; some games it might be 70-30 run,” WR Emmanuel Sanders said of the new offense. “It all depends on the defense that we’re playing that week which is smart.”
Hines Ward has been a part of several great offenses which have been run by a variety of coordinators. He won’t be part of this one, but he knows change is inevitable.
“I’ve had maybe four, five different coordinators and so, it’s a part of the business,” he said. “Players, coaches, they come and go and you have to adjust accordingly and I’m confident that the players will learn the playbook – especially when they start getting to OTAs and training camp and be ready to go before the season starts.”
Roethlisberger says it’s a matter of getting used to something new.
“When you get a comfort level of like eight years of the same thing and then you change it, it’s just something different, so I’m not saying I don’t like the playbook or anything like that,” he said. “Some of the stuff is really – some of the concepts are awesome, it’s just getting an understanding of something new.”
Latest posts by JH Face Mask (see all)
- Roethlisberger On Haley: ‘There’s No Trouble Between Us’ - May 23, 2012
- It’s a Violent Freaking Game - May 21, 2012
- In Da’ House - April 20, 2012