- Pirates’ Three-game Win Streak EndsPosted 5 days ago
- Steelers Draft WR Markus Wheaton in 3rd RoundPosted 22 days ago
- Steelers Select RB Le’Veon Bell in 2ndPosted 22 days ago
- Jarvis Jones Time in PittsburghPosted 24 days ago
- James Harrison Meets with BengalsPosted 38 days ago
- Steelers Sanders Signed to Offer Sheet by the PatriotsPosted 39 days ago
- Alameda Ta’amu Gets ProbationPosted 45 days ago
- Steelers Announce Preseason SchedulePosted 45 days ago
- Steelers Bring Back Stevenson SylvesterPosted 45 days ago
- Pittsburgh Penguins’ Win Streak SnappedPosted 46 days ago
Rookie Alameda Ta’amu Arrested on DUI Charges
- Updated: October 15, 2012
Pittsburgh Steelers rookie defensive lineman Alameda Ta’amu was arrested and charged with a DUI and aggravated assault, according to a report from CBS Sports Rapid Reports.
According to Karen Kane of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Ta’amu is “facing a series of felony and misdemeanor charges” following the early morning arrest.
Kane also reported that Ta’amu was stopped around 2:30 in the morning when police noticed his vehicle “moving in a reckless manner,” that he tried to flee the scene and crashed into “several” vehicles.
Ta’amu, 22, was the Steelers’ fourth-round pick in April’s draft out of the University of Washington. He has not played in a game this season.
Things just keep going from bad to worse for the Steelers. On the field, they lost their third straight road game on Thursday night to a Tennessee team that was without its starting quarterback and had allowed at least 30 points in every game this season.
Obviously, Ta’amu’s situation goes far beyond anything that happens on the field.
Anytime you hear that alcohol is involved it makes you take notice. When you see everything else that he did after the arrest, you have to wonder if he doesn’t have some bigger problems.
The Steelers will certainly examine the situation from all angles and do what is in the best interest of the franchise and the player. This sounds like a scary scenario for a young man who made a stupid mistake and then compounded it in the worst possible way.
We will keep you updated on Ta’amu’s situation, as well as his future with the Steelers, when more information becomes available.