- Pirates’ Three-game Win Streak EndsPosted 5 days ago
- Steelers Draft WR Markus Wheaton in 3rd RoundPosted 22 days ago
- Steelers Select RB Le’Veon Bell in 2ndPosted 22 days ago
- Jarvis Jones Time in PittsburghPosted 23 days ago
- James Harrison Meets with BengalsPosted 37 days ago
- Steelers Sanders Signed to Offer Sheet by the PatriotsPosted 39 days ago
- Alameda Ta’amu Gets ProbationPosted 45 days ago
- Steelers Announce Preseason SchedulePosted 45 days ago
- Steelers Bring Back Stevenson SylvesterPosted 45 days ago
- Pittsburgh Penguins’ Win Streak SnappedPosted 46 days ago
Sean Spence Suffers Ugly Injury
- Updated: August 31, 2012
A promising 2012 draft for the Pittsburgh Steelers is quickly being torn asunder by injury. Just one week after losing first-round OG David DeCastro to a severe right knee injury (although DeCastro might be able to return late in the season), the Steelers apparently have also lost third-round LB Sean Spence to an even more devastating knee injury.
Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk.com is reporting that Spence is believed to have a torn ACL, a torn LCL (lateral collateral ligament) and a dislocated knee cap.
Spence was carted off the field with his leg in an air cast after his cleat appeared to get caught in the turf while he was pursuing Carolina Panthers quarterback Jimmy Clausen.
Here’s a screenshot of the injury:
Spence’s journey to becoming the next great Steelers linebacker will have to wait a year. He was listed as Lawrence Timmons’ backup on Pittsburgh’s official depth chart.