- Pirates’ Three-game Win Streak EndsPosted 7 days ago
- Steelers Draft WR Markus Wheaton in 3rd RoundPosted 24 days ago
- Steelers Select RB Le’Veon Bell in 2ndPosted 24 days ago
- Jarvis Jones Time in PittsburghPosted 26 days ago
- James Harrison Meets with BengalsPosted 40 days ago
- Steelers Sanders Signed to Offer Sheet by the PatriotsPosted 41 days ago
- Alameda Ta’amu Gets ProbationPosted 47 days ago
- Steelers Announce Preseason SchedulePosted 47 days ago
- Steelers Bring Back Stevenson SylvesterPosted 47 days ago
- Pittsburgh Penguins’ Win Streak SnappedPosted 48 days ago
Steelers Activate RG David DeCastro
- Updated: November 27, 2012
Steelers Activate David DeCastro and Promote John Malecki to Active Roster; Place Marcus Gilbert on Reserve/Injured List and Release David Gilreath.
The Steelers have activated offensive guard David DeCastro from the Reserve/Injured; Designated to Return List and also promoted offensive lineman John Malecki to their active roster, the team announced today.
DeCastro was placed on the list after suffering a knee injury during Pittsburgh’s Week 3 preseason game at Buffalo. He was the Steelers’ first-round selection (24th overall) in this past year’s NFL Draft.
For the second time this season, the Steelers promoted Malecki to their active roster. Earlier this year prior to the team’s Week 7 game at Cincinnati, he was signed to Pittsburgh’s active roster. He was then released the following week and signed back to the practice squad. Malecki will wear No. 62.
The Steelers placed offensive tackle Marcus Gilbert on the Reserve/Injured List with an ankle injury. He started the first five games of the year before suffering the ankle injury against the Tennessee Titans (Week 5). He has not played since that matchup against the Titans.
The Steelers also released wide receiver David Gilreath, who was signed to the team’s active roster before the Week 10 game against the Kansas City Chiefs. He was active for the past three games but did not record a catch.