- Pittsburgh Police Make Second Arrest in Mike Adams StabbingPosted 15 days ago
- Pirates’ Three-game Win Streak EndsPosted 36 days ago
- Steelers Draft WR Markus Wheaton in 3rd RoundPosted 53 days ago
- Steelers Select RB Le’Veon Bell in 2ndPosted 53 days ago
- Jarvis Jones Time in PittsburghPosted 54 days ago
- James Harrison Meets with BengalsPosted 68 days ago
- Steelers Sanders Signed to Offer Sheet by the PatriotsPosted 70 days ago
- Alameda Ta’amu Gets ProbationPosted 75 days ago
- Steelers Announce Preseason SchedulePosted 75 days ago
- Steelers Bring Back Stevenson SylvesterPosted 76 days ago
Steelers Activate RG David DeCastro
- Updated: November 27, 2012
Steelers Activate David DeCastro and Promote John Malecki to Active Roster; Place Marcus Gilbert on Reserve/Injured List and Release David Gilreath.
The Steelers have activated offensive guard David DeCastro from the Reserve/Injured; Designated to Return List and also promoted offensive lineman John Malecki to their active roster, the team announced today.
DeCastro was placed on the list after suffering a knee injury during Pittsburgh’s Week 3 preseason game at Buffalo. He was the Steelers’ first-round selection (24th overall) in this past year’s NFL Draft.
For the second time this season, the Steelers promoted Malecki to their active roster. Earlier this year prior to the team’s Week 7 game at Cincinnati, he was signed to Pittsburgh’s active roster. He was then released the following week and signed back to the practice squad. Malecki will wear No. 62.
The Steelers placed offensive tackle Marcus Gilbert on the Reserve/Injured List with an ankle injury. He started the first five games of the year before suffering the ankle injury against the Tennessee Titans (Week 5). He has not played since that matchup against the Titans.
The Steelers also released wide receiver David Gilreath, who was signed to the team’s active roster before the Week 10 game against the Kansas City Chiefs. He was active for the past three games but did not record a catch.
Latest posts by steelerguy26 (see all)
- Pirates Sign First-round Pick Reese McGuire - June 18, 2013
- Pittsburgh Power Handed Worst Home Loss in Team History - June 17, 2013
- Steelers Laying the Foundation for the 2013 Season - June 14, 2013