- Pittsburgh Police Make Second Arrest in Mike Adams StabbingPosted 15 days ago
- Pirates’ Three-game Win Streak EndsPosted 37 days ago
- Steelers Draft WR Markus Wheaton in 3rd RoundPosted 53 days ago
- Steelers Select RB Le’Veon Bell in 2ndPosted 53 days ago
- Jarvis Jones Time in PittsburghPosted 55 days ago
- James Harrison Meets with BengalsPosted 69 days ago
- Steelers Sanders Signed to Offer Sheet by the PatriotsPosted 70 days ago
- Alameda Ta’amu Gets ProbationPosted 76 days ago
- Steelers Announce Preseason SchedulePosted 76 days ago
- Steelers Bring Back Stevenson SylvesterPosted 77 days ago
Paulson and Frederick Sign
- Updated: May 10, 2012
The Steelers have agreed to terms with two seventh-round draft picks from the 2012 NFL Draft, tight end David Paulson and cornerback Terrence Frederick. Financial terms of the four-year deals were not disclosed.
Paulson (6-4, 246), who was selected with the 240th overall pick, played collegiately at the University of Oregon. He played in 41 games in four seasons, starting 26-of-27 games in his final two years. For his career, Paulson registered 67 receptions for 1,041 yards and 10 touchdowns. As a senior, Paulson earned All-Pac-12 second team and Pac-12 All-Academic first team honors. Paulson helped the Ducks appear in the BCS National Championship Game as a junior and was named honorable mention All-America by SI.com and first-team All-Pac 10.
Frederick (5-10, 187) was chosen with the 246th pick out of Texas A&M. He started 45 of 50 career games, including 39 consecutive to end his career. He was a two-time honorable mention All-Big 12 selection as a junior and senior. Frederick finished his career with 205 tackles, six sacks, four interceptions, 19 tackles for loss and 29 pass breakups, which rank sixth in school history. As a senior he broke up a team-high 13 passes and ranked eighth in the Big 12 in passes defended with 1.08 per game.
The Steelers have only three unsigned draft choices — first-rounder David DeCastro, third-rounder Sean Spence and seventh-rounder Kelvin Beachum.
Latest posts by steelerguy26 (see all)
- How to Know Your a Steelers Fan - June 19, 2013
- Pirates Sign First-round Pick Reese McGuire - June 18, 2013
- Pittsburgh Power Handed Worst Home Loss in Team History - June 17, 2013