- Pittsburgh Police Make Second Arrest in Mike Adams StabbingPosted 15 days ago
- Pirates’ Three-game Win Streak EndsPosted 37 days ago
- Steelers Draft WR Markus Wheaton in 3rd RoundPosted 53 days ago
- Steelers Select RB Le’Veon Bell in 2ndPosted 53 days ago
- Jarvis Jones Time in PittsburghPosted 55 days ago
- James Harrison Meets with BengalsPosted 69 days ago
- Steelers Sanders Signed to Offer Sheet by the PatriotsPosted 70 days ago
- Alameda Ta’amu Gets ProbationPosted 76 days ago
- Steelers Announce Preseason SchedulePosted 76 days ago
- Steelers Bring Back Stevenson SylvesterPosted 77 days ago
Steelers Sign Clemons
- Updated: May 10, 2012
The Steelers have agreed to terms with the first of their four seventh-round draft picks from the 2012 NFL Draft, wide receiver Toney Clemons. Financial terms of the four-year deal were not disclosed.
Clemons (6-2, 210), who was the 231st overall pick, is from Pittsburgh and attended Valley High School. He spent the first two years of his collegiate career at the University of Michigan before transferring to the University of Colorado. As a senior he was named by the coaches as the co-recipient of Colorado’s John Mack Award as the team’s most outstanding offensive player.
Last season Clemons led the Buffaloes in receiving yards (680) and was second in receptions (44) as well as average yards per catch (15.8 avg.). Clemons’ team-high eight touchdown receptions tied for the fourth-most in a single season in school history. He recorded 476 receiving yards and three 100-yard receiving games in his final five games at Colorado.
Latest posts by steelerguy26 (see all)
- How to Know Your a Steelers Fan - June 19, 2013
- Pirates Sign First-round Pick Reese McGuire - June 18, 2013
- Pittsburgh Power Handed Worst Home Loss in Team History - June 17, 2013