- Pittsburgh Police Make Second Arrest in Mike Adams StabbingPosted 15 days ago
- Pirates’ Three-game Win Streak EndsPosted 37 days ago
- Steelers Draft WR Markus Wheaton in 3rd RoundPosted 53 days ago
- Steelers Select RB Le’Veon Bell in 2ndPosted 53 days ago
- Jarvis Jones Time in PittsburghPosted 55 days ago
- James Harrison Meets with BengalsPosted 69 days ago
- Steelers Sanders Signed to Offer Sheet by the PatriotsPosted 71 days ago
- Alameda Ta’amu Gets ProbationPosted 76 days ago
- Steelers Announce Preseason SchedulePosted 76 days ago
- Steelers Bring Back Stevenson SylvesterPosted 77 days ago
Steelers Bring Back Matt Spaeth
- Updated: March 16, 2013
The Steelers are willing to bring back a player for a second stint.
And now, we can Matt Spaeth to the list of Pittsburgh returnees.
Spaeth has agreed on a contract with the Steelers, ESPN Chicago’s Jeff Dickerson reported Friday night. The Bears released the 28-year-old Spaeth on Wednesday.
A third-round pick of the Steelers in 2007, Spaeth played four seasons with Pittsburgh before signing with Chicago.
A strong run blocker — he was the best in the league at his position in this category per Pro Football Focus in 2012 — Spaeth improves the Steelers’ tight end depth. Heath Miller, one of the AFC’s top all-around tight ends, is recovering from multiple torn knee ligaments suffered last December, including an ACL.
Earlier in the offseason, the Steelers added cornerback William Gay, a fifth-round pick in 2007 who had been released by Arizona. They also re-signed inside linebacker Larry Foote and wideout Plaxico Burress, who are also in their second go-arounds with the Steelers.
Latest posts by steelerguy26 (see all)
- How to Know Your a Steelers Fan - June 19, 2013
- Pirates Sign First-round Pick Reese McGuire - June 18, 2013
- Pittsburgh Power Handed Worst Home Loss in Team History - June 17, 2013