- Pittsburgh Police Make Second Arrest in Mike Adams StabbingPosted 15 days ago
- Pirates’ Three-game Win Streak EndsPosted 37 days ago
- Steelers Draft WR Markus Wheaton in 3rd RoundPosted 54 days ago
- Steelers Select RB Le’Veon Bell in 2ndPosted 54 days ago
- Jarvis Jones Time in PittsburghPosted 55 days ago
- James Harrison Meets with BengalsPosted 69 days ago
- Steelers Sanders Signed to Offer Sheet by the PatriotsPosted 71 days ago
- Alameda Ta’amu Gets ProbationPosted 76 days ago
- Steelers Announce Preseason SchedulePosted 76 days ago
- Steelers Bring Back Stevenson SylvesterPosted 77 days ago
Steelers’ David DeCastro injury update
- Updated: August 26, 2012
Steelers first-round pick David DeCastro has a torn medial collateral ligament and will undergo an MRI on Sunday around lunchtime to determine whether he tore his anterior cruciate ligament, a high-level team source to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
A torn MCL means DeCastro could return midway through the season. But, if DeCastro tore his ACL and MCL ligaments, Pittsburgh’s starting right guard would be lost for the season.
According to Schefter, the Steelers are hopeful that the MRI won’t reveal a torn ACL because doctors did not detect that on Saturday night. Ramon Foster, who started at right guard, would replace DeCastro on the offensive line.
Latest posts by steelerguy26 (see all)
- How to Know Your a Steelers Fan - June 19, 2013
- Pirates Sign First-round Pick Reese McGuire - June 18, 2013
- Pittsburgh Power Handed Worst Home Loss in Team History - June 17, 2013