- Pirates’ Three-game Win Streak EndsPosted 9 days ago
- Steelers Draft WR Markus Wheaton in 3rd RoundPosted 26 days ago
- Steelers Select RB Le’Veon Bell in 2ndPosted 26 days ago
- Jarvis Jones Time in PittsburghPosted 27 days ago
- James Harrison Meets with BengalsPosted 41 days ago
- Steelers Sanders Signed to Offer Sheet by the PatriotsPosted 43 days ago
- Alameda Ta’amu Gets ProbationPosted 48 days ago
- Steelers Announce Preseason SchedulePosted 48 days ago
- Steelers Bring Back Stevenson SylvesterPosted 49 days ago
- Pittsburgh Penguins’ Win Streak SnappedPosted 50 days ago
Steelers ‘Steal’ David DeCastro with First Pick
- Updated: April 27, 2012
Steelers Draft Offensive Guard David DeCastro In First Round
The Pittsburgh Steelers drafted Stanford offensive guard David DeCastro with the No. 24 selection in the 2012 NFL Draft.
DeCastro was projected as high at the No. 11 pick in various CBSSports.com mock drafts, and projected as the top offensive guard in the draft. He stands 6-foot-5, 316 pounds.
DeCastro is the third straight early-round selection for the Steelers along the offensive line. Two years ago they drafted center Maurkice Pouncey and selected tackle Marcus Gilbert with their second-round pick last year.
Operating in a pro-style offense at Stanford, some draft experts think DeCastro can step in and start in the NFL this coming season.
Latest posts by steelerguy26 (see all)
- Penguins Martin Continues to Block Senators’ Path - May 22, 2013
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers Facing Plenty of Questions - May 21, 2013
- Steelers Will be Breaking in Lots of New Parts this Week - May 21, 2013