- Pittsburgh Police Make Second Arrest in Mike Adams StabbingPosted 15 days ago
- Pirates’ Three-game Win Streak EndsPosted 36 days ago
- Steelers Draft WR Markus Wheaton in 3rd RoundPosted 53 days ago
- Steelers Select RB Le’Veon Bell in 2ndPosted 53 days ago
- Jarvis Jones Time in PittsburghPosted 54 days ago
- James Harrison Meets with BengalsPosted 68 days ago
- Steelers Sanders Signed to Offer Sheet by the PatriotsPosted 70 days ago
- Alameda Ta’amu Gets ProbationPosted 75 days ago
- Steelers Announce Preseason SchedulePosted 75 days ago
- Steelers Bring Back Stevenson SylvesterPosted 76 days ago
Steelers Hire Jack Bicknell Jr. to Coach Offensive Line
- Updated: February 1, 2013
The Steelers have hired Jack Bicknell Jr. to be their offensive line coach, replacing Sean Kugler.
Bicknell coached last season with the Kansas City Chiefs and was assistant line coach with the New York Giants from 2009-2011. He is the son of former Boston College coach Jack Bicknell.
Kugler resigned after the 2012 season to accept the head coaching position at Texas-El Paso, his alma mater. The Steelers running game averaged just 3.7 yards per carry last season after averaging 4.4 yards in 2011.
Bicknell inherits a young offensive line that features four, and possibly five, potential starters under the age of 25. One of his responsibilities will be to shape an offensive line that is lighter and quicker than last season.
Latest posts by steelerguy26 (see all)
- Pirates Sign First-round Pick Reese McGuire - June 18, 2013
- Pittsburgh Power Handed Worst Home Loss in Team History - June 17, 2013
- Steelers Laying the Foundation for the 2013 Season - June 14, 2013