- Pirates’ Three-game Win Streak EndsPosted 10 days ago
- Steelers Draft WR Markus Wheaton in 3rd RoundPosted 26 days ago
- Steelers Select RB Le’Veon Bell in 2ndPosted 26 days ago
- Jarvis Jones Time in PittsburghPosted 28 days ago
- James Harrison Meets with BengalsPosted 42 days ago
- Steelers Sanders Signed to Offer Sheet by the PatriotsPosted 43 days ago
- Alameda Ta’amu Gets ProbationPosted 49 days ago
- Steelers Announce Preseason SchedulePosted 49 days ago
- Steelers Bring Back Stevenson SylvesterPosted 50 days ago
- Pittsburgh Penguins’ Win Streak SnappedPosted 50 days ago
Steelers Hire Jack Bicknell Jr. to Coach Offensive Line
- Updated: February 1, 2013
The Steelers have hired Jack Bicknell Jr. to be their offensive line coach, replacing Sean Kugler.
Bicknell coached last season with the Kansas City Chiefs and was assistant line coach with the New York Giants from 2009-2011. He is the son of former Boston College coach Jack Bicknell.
Kugler resigned after the 2012 season to accept the head coaching position at Texas-El Paso, his alma mater. The Steelers running game averaged just 3.7 yards per carry last season after averaging 4.4 yards in 2011.
Bicknell inherits a young offensive line that features four, and possibly five, potential starters under the age of 25. One of his responsibilities will be to shape an offensive line that is lighter and quicker than last season.