- Pirates’ Three-game Win Streak EndsPosted 4 days ago
- Steelers Draft WR Markus Wheaton in 3rd RoundPosted 21 days ago
- Steelers Select RB Le’Veon Bell in 2ndPosted 21 days ago
- Jarvis Jones Time in PittsburghPosted 22 days ago
- James Harrison Meets with BengalsPosted 36 days ago
- Steelers Sanders Signed to Offer Sheet by the PatriotsPosted 38 days ago
- Alameda Ta’amu Gets ProbationPosted 44 days ago
- Steelers Announce Preseason SchedulePosted 44 days ago
- Steelers Bring Back Stevenson SylvesterPosted 44 days ago
- Pittsburgh Penguins’ Win Streak SnappedPosted 45 days ago
Steelers put Colon on IR
- Updated: December 20, 2012
The Steelers today placed guard Willie Colon on injured reserve, ending his season.
Colon’s knee was injured a second time Dec. 9 in a game against San Diego and required surgery, after he missed the previous two games with the injury.
The move opens a spot for Rashard Mendenhall, who was reinstated on Monday after a one-week suspension. The Steelers had a roster exemption until 4 p.m. today for him.
Colon has wound up on injured reserve in each of the past three seasons. He missed the entire 2010 season with an achilles injury. An arm injury in the 2011 opener ended that season for him.
He moved from tackle to left guard this season and started the first
10 games there before the knee injury. Ramon Foster moved from right guard to left and will remain there. Rookie David DeCastro has taken over at right guard.