- Pirates’ Three-game Win Streak EndsPosted 11 days ago
- Steelers Draft WR Markus Wheaton in 3rd RoundPosted 28 days ago
- Steelers Select RB Le’Veon Bell in 2ndPosted 28 days ago
- Jarvis Jones Time in PittsburghPosted 29 days ago
- James Harrison Meets with BengalsPosted 43 days ago
- Steelers Sanders Signed to Offer Sheet by the PatriotsPosted 45 days ago
- Alameda Ta’amu Gets ProbationPosted 50 days ago
- Steelers Announce Preseason SchedulePosted 50 days ago
- Steelers Bring Back Stevenson SylvesterPosted 51 days ago
- Pittsburgh Penguins’ Win Streak SnappedPosted 51 days ago
Ben Roethlisberger, wife welcome son
- Updated: November 23, 2012
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and his wife Ashley are giving thanks for their new bundle of joy.
The quarterback posted Thursday that mother and baby boy were doing well.
”We want to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers, it really means a lot to us. God is so good!” he wrote.
Roethlisberger made an appearance Thursday at a team facility in Pittsburgh, smiling and waving to a well-wisher who congratulated him as he left practice about 30 minutes early. He had previously been scratched from Sunday’s game against Cleveland because of rib injuries.
Offensive lineman Willie Colon said afterward that Roethlisberger ”came in with that big old proud papa chest.”
Teammate Max Starks said that the quarterback seemed very excited – and that he knows the feeling, since his first child, a girl, was born three weeks ago.
”I have no advice for him. I’m still working my way through it,” the offensive lineman said with a laugh. ”Just try and sleep when you can.”
Roethlisberger’s website says he’ll post pictures this weekend.