- Pirates’ Three-game Win Streak EndsPosted 9 days ago
- Steelers Draft WR Markus Wheaton in 3rd RoundPosted 26 days ago
- Steelers Select RB Le’Veon Bell in 2ndPosted 26 days ago
- Jarvis Jones Time in PittsburghPosted 28 days ago
- James Harrison Meets with BengalsPosted 42 days ago
- Steelers Sanders Signed to Offer Sheet by the PatriotsPosted 43 days ago
- Alameda Ta’amu Gets ProbationPosted 49 days ago
- Steelers Announce Preseason SchedulePosted 49 days ago
- Steelers Bring Back Stevenson SylvesterPosted 49 days ago
- Pittsburgh Penguins’ Win Streak SnappedPosted 50 days ago
It’s a Violent Freaking Game
- Updated: May 21, 2012
Just like James Harrison, my boy and former Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Greg Lloyd has always known as one of the toughest and hardest-hitting players in the NFL, so perhaps it’s no surprise that he’s not a fan of Commissioner Roger Goodell’s efforts to improve player safety.
Appearing at Bengals coach Marvin Lewis’ golf tournament in Cincinnati over the weekend, Lloyd said some of the things Goodell has done have “really tainted the game.” I think it has tainted several wallets as well but that’s another subject.
“This is not PBS, it’s not the public channel that you go watch. It’s the National Football League, it’s a violent freaking game,” Lloyd told WXIX-TV in Cincinnati.
“The point of it is that if the NFL and the league would get behind and start taking care of their older players and taking care of guys, they wouldn’t have these issues. As opposed to saying, ‘Hey, go out there, do it hard, then bang we’re done with you.’”
Lloyd, who played for the Steelers from 1988 to 1997 and made several Pro Bowls, also complained about the current game’s emphasis on offense.
“I don’t want to see a game where the damn score is 75 to one or 75 to two, all this passing and passing. I want to see somebody hit a quarterback, … that is what people come to see. And at the end of the day if he gets hurt, so be it.”
Damn skippy Greg. You preach it brother. I can’t believe just how wussy the league has become and who better then Lloyd to pint it out?
Latest posts by JH Face Mask (see all)
- Roethlisberger On Haley: ‘There’s No Trouble Between Us’ - May 23, 2012
- It’s a Violent Freaking Game - May 21, 2012
- In Da’ House - April 20, 2012