- Pirates’ Three-game Win Streak EndsPosted 10 days ago
- Steelers Draft WR Markus Wheaton in 3rd RoundPosted 26 days ago
- Steelers Select RB Le’Veon Bell in 2ndPosted 26 days ago
- Jarvis Jones Time in PittsburghPosted 28 days ago
- James Harrison Meets with BengalsPosted 42 days ago
- Steelers Sanders Signed to Offer Sheet by the PatriotsPosted 43 days ago
- Alameda Ta’amu Gets ProbationPosted 49 days ago
- Steelers Announce Preseason SchedulePosted 49 days ago
- Steelers Bring Back Stevenson SylvesterPosted 50 days ago
- Pittsburgh Penguins’ Win Streak SnappedPosted 50 days ago
Wallace, DeCastro, Adams to miss Steelers’ OTAs
- Updated: May 21, 2012
Two of the players are no surprise. Rookies David DeCastro (Stanford) and Mike Adams (Ohio State) are not allowed to report to the team until their respective schools’ semester ends. DeCastro will miss all of the OTAs and the team’s minicamp June 12-14 because Stanford’s spring quarter doesn’t end until mid-June. Adams will be absent until the first week of June when Ohio State’s semester ends.
The biggest absence reportedly will be disgruntled WR Mike Wallace, who is unhappy about the lack of a contract extension and still has not signed the one-year, $2.742 million restricted free-agent tender the team gave him prior to the start of free agency.
He is not required to sign his tender or attend OTAs but is required to attend minicamp. With negotiations between the sides at a standstill, it remains to be seen if Wallace holds out from minicamp as well.