- Pirates’ Three-game Win Streak EndsPosted 8 days ago
- Steelers Draft WR Markus Wheaton in 3rd RoundPosted 24 days ago
- Steelers Select RB Le’Veon Bell in 2ndPosted 24 days ago
- Jarvis Jones Time in PittsburghPosted 26 days ago
- James Harrison Meets with BengalsPosted 40 days ago
- Steelers Sanders Signed to Offer Sheet by the PatriotsPosted 41 days ago
- Alameda Ta’amu Gets ProbationPosted 47 days ago
- Steelers Announce Preseason SchedulePosted 47 days ago
- Steelers Bring Back Stevenson SylvesterPosted 48 days ago
- Pittsburgh Penguins’ Win Streak SnappedPosted 48 days ago
Week 8 Injury Report
- Updated: October 25, 2012
Steelers Injury Report
The first injury report for the week is now out and it shows that safety Troy Polamalu (calf), tackle Marcus Gilbert (ankle), running back Rashard Mendenhall (achilles), running back Isaac Redman (ankle), linebacker Jason Worilds (illness), and running back Jonathan Dwyer (not injury related) all failed to participate on Wednesday.
Practicing fully on Wednesday were center Maurkice Pouncey (knee) and linebacker Chris Carter (hamstring).
Kicker Shaun Suisham (ankle) was listed as being limited on Wednesday as was linebacker Brandon Johnson (hamstring)
Polamalu and Gilbert were ruled out for the game by head coach Mike Tomlin on Tuesday. Dwyer reportedly had to miss practice for a personal reason.
Also listed on Wednesday were safety Will Allen (ankle), who practiced fully and linebacker Adrian Robinson (concussion), who was limited.
Redskins Injury Report
The first injury report of the week for the Washington Redskins is out as they prepare to play the Pittsburgh Steelers Sunday at Heinz Field.
Linebacker London Fletcher (hamstring, head) and wide receiver Pierre Garcon (foot) both sat out Wednesday as expected. Fletcher suffered a hamstring injury during the loss to the New York Giants and is also was experiencing some problems with his balance. Garcon is very unlikely to play Sunday and head coach Mike Shanahan said he didn’t know when the receiver might return to the lineup.
Cornerback David Jones (achilles) and safety Brandon Meriweather (knee) were both limited on Wednesday.
Cornerback Cedric Griffin (hamstring), punter Saverio Rocca (right knee), cornerback Josh Wilson (shoulder), defensive end Doug Worthington (calf), and running back Darrel Young (hamstring) all practiced fully on Wednesday.