Steelers To Celebrate 40th Anniversary of Team's First Championship
June 9, 2014
2 minutes read
The Steelers will celebrate the 40th Anniversary of their first championship, Super Bowl IX, with a variety of events and features throughout the 2014 season.
Some highlights throughout the season include:
- The team will wear a special Super Bowl IX 40th Anniversary patch on their uniform versus the New Orleans Saints on Sunday, November 30.
- The team’s annual Alumni Weekend, which is November 29-30, will celebrate the team’s 40thAnniversary victory in Super Bowl IX.
- On November 29, Heinz Field will host the Alumni Weekend Dinner Galawith proceeds benefiting the UPMC Sports Medicine Concussion Program and The Cancer Caring Center.
- Players from the Super Bowl IX Championship Team will be introduced at the event and will share their stories from the 1974 season.
- Players from the Super Bowl IX Championship Team will be recognized at halftime when the Steelers face the Saints.
- Replay of the audio from the 1974 season and Super Bowl IX, which features Myron Cope and Jack Fleming, will be broadcast on Steelers Nation Radio on Alumni Weekend.
- The team will also print a separate Super Bowl IX 40th Anniversary logo on game tickets for the November 30th matchup against the Saints.
- Excerpts of the team’s Super Bowl IX rewind show will be on Steelers.com in June and July, featuring Mike Wagner, J.T. Thomas, Gerry Mullins, Mel Blount, Franco Harris, Donnie Shell and Andy Russell.
- Video presentations of the Steelers’ 1974 season will be on Steelers.com beginning in August.
For the most up-to-date information on the team’s plans for the 40th Anniversary, visit www.steelers.com.
The Editor & Chief, the brains so to say, behind Pittsburgh Blitz. Jim is a rabid sports fan who just loves his Stillers, Pens and Buccos. Feel free to contact us at info[@]pittsburgh-blitz.com if you have any questions or comments or would like to join our staff and write for Pittsburgh Blitz.
Pittsburgh Blitz © 2016 . All Rights Reserved.